Monday, February 20, 2012

Baby Naming Business

I'm going to be an aunt!  My (only) brother and sister-in-law are having their first child and we recently found out it's a GIRL!  My parents are beyond excited by this, since I have already provided them with two grandsons and a girl was definitely in order.  It's time to think pink!!  Of course the first question was: "what are you naming her?"  The baby naming business is important.  It's the first question people ask and they are normally very opinionated about your choices.  I have noticed that nobody thinks to ask what the baby name means?  The meaning of the name is probably only important to the parents... but still important nonetheless.  Drum roll please....   My niece will be named Elliana.

Hello Miss Ellie!


I have never heard this name before so I decided to look it up.   It is French Origin meaning "Light, moon."  It was listed #421 in 2010 on the U.S. Popularity Ranking.  This got me to thinking about my boys' names and I wanted to share the meaning of their names as well, just because it's fun!

Aiden James born January 12, 2005.

Aiden is Irish Origin and means "Fiery."  It was listed #50 in 2005 on the U.S. Popularity Ranking and has since moved up to #9 in 2010.
James is Hebrew Origin meaning "one who supplants."  It was listed #17 in 2005 on the U.S. Popularity Ranking and was #19 in 2010.

Asher Jaxon born on September 13, 2011.

Asher is Hebrew Origin and means "lucky, blessed, happy."  It was listed #139 in 2010 on the U.S. Popularity Ranking.
Jaxon is English Origin meaning "son of Jack."  It was listed #99 in 2010 on the U.S. Popularity Ranking.

Origins, meanings and rankings found online at Babycenter.  http://www.babycenter.com/baby-names
Feel free to share your baby names and their meanings in the comments below!

No comments:

Post a Comment