I am fairly new to the world of blogging, even though I know it's been around awhile. My first introduction was through one of my best friends. I started following her blog and was fascinated by the idea. Through her blog I started following a few of our mutual friends as well. Before I knew it, I had met other mothers that were blogging, and I knew I had to start one of my own. I thought it was a fantastic way to keep a journal without having to do any "manual" work, like writing or scrapbooking... Which I am terrible at by the way. I don't even print our pictures anymore because I keep everything stored digitally.
What really got me hooked on the idea though, was remembering back to when my son Aiden was 8 months old and he was diagnosed with a blood disorder - Chronic Benign Childhood Neutropenia - more on that later... But, I remember a friend of my mom's handed me a journal when Aiden was very sick and told me to "write it all down." She said I would want to look back and remember. Unfortunately, I did not take her advice. And I really wish now that I had. What I wouldn't give to look back and remember the details of that whole ordeal! I'm sure you are wondering why I would want to look back and remember such a thing, when my son was sick, and in and out of the hospital, and it was such a hard time in my life... but I think it's because that whole time was simply a blur. I was a single mom, living on very little sleep, travelling back and forth from doctor's visits and enduring hospital stays, and really just trying to keep my head above water. Thank God I had two amazing parents who helped me so much! I could never thank them enough for what they did for us. Helping to buy diapers and formula, or just staying with Aiden in the hospital, so I could run home and take a shower! Now that all of it is behind us though, I would like to go back and simply "remember."
For those of you who are wondering... Aiden outgrew his condition and is now a happy, healthy, 6-year old boy! PRAISE THE LORD! I thank God every day for being so blessed, and I pray that my next son will not have to endure what Aiden did. I am also very thankful that Aiden was so little at the time, and he does not seem to really remember much of any of it. He does however remember to this day, a nurse by the name of Karen. Karen was our home health nurse who administered Aiden's weekly booster shots. She brought Aiden a new HotWheels car every week in her toy bag. I don't think I will ever forget this amazing nurse or what she did for my boy! And I know I will never get rid of a single one of those HotWheels cars! :)
So here I am... determined now to take the advice of a friend from long ago, and just "write it all down."
No comments:
Post a Comment